Kevin L. Nichols has worked in multifaceted capacities in some of the most prolific international law firms in the country, such as Morrison & Foerster, Paul Hastings, Heller Ehrman, and Holland & Knight. His interest in diversity and technology began while he was a mechanical engineering/diversity intern at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. Later, he became the Executive Director of the California Diversity Council and the African American Wellness Project. Kevin has become a social networking expert and full-time consultant specializing in litigation technology (eDiscovery), diversity, and social media marketing for the legal industry. Nichols has been featured on LinkedIn’s Hall of Fame, Yahoo’s Blog, in the Examiner, CNN Money, Reuters, MarketWatch and the Wall Street Journal. Millions saw Kevin while logging in to LinkedIn.com from 2011-2014. He is now the Founder of The Social Engineering Project, Inc., an Oakland based, social impact venture with Stanford University designed to address the lack of diversity in the tech industry. Kevin attended the University of California, Berkeley and recently completed an Executive Program for Social Entrepreneurship at Stanford’s Graduate School of Business. For a full biography and CV, please visit http://bit.ly/KLNport.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Executive with over 20 years of experience managing the overall analysis, development and implementation of business specific DEI strategies for diverse organizations.
- Influential diversity Executive with expertise in recruiting and executing diversity strategies by leading programs to help companies attract and retain the best talent globally.
- Leverages data-driven insights to identify opportunities within specific businesses to develop defensible solutions and drive results to support both operational and strategic priorities.
- Expert at driving people-related change management programs, earning trust with clients, and translating research into action.
- Develops high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to metrics, continuous process improvement, and mentorship.
- Process-oriented leader with experience creating and implementing high impact results and marketing campaigns for Fortune 100/500 companies and nonprofits.